Asterix at the Olympic Games is a 2008 French fantasy comedy film directed by Frédéric Forestier and Thomas Langmann, and written by Langmann, Alexandre Charlot, and Frank Magnier, based on characters from René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo's Astérix comic series. It was filmed primarily in Spain over the course of the year 2006.
- Gérard Depardieu as Obélix
- Clovis Cornillac as Astérix
- Benoît Poelvoorde as Brutus
- Jean-Pierre Cassel as the Druid Panoramix
- Alain Delon as Julius Caesar
- Bouli Lanners as Samagas
- Jean-Pierre Castaldi as Castaldus
- Dorothée Jemma as Bonemine
- Santiago Segura as Docteurmabus
- Vanessa Hessler as Princess Irina
- Stéphane Rousseau as Lovesix
- José Garcia as Couverdepus
There is a cameo of Adriana Karembeu as Mrs Geriatrix and Jamel Debbouze reprises his role as Numerobis. German comedy star and director Michael Bully Herbig has a bit-part as a mute Roman soldier. Italian comedy actor Enrico Brignano appears as a reporter.
The film featured several cameos by real-life sports stars, such as Michael Schumacher, Jean Todt, Zinedine Zidane, Tony Parker, and Amélie Mauresmo. The part of Roman athlete Claudius Cornedurus (Gluteus Maximus), played by Jérôme Le Banner, was originally to be played by Jean-Claude Van Damme.